Refrigerator / Ice Maker
We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with your refrigerator. Here are some simple things to try before scheduling for a technician to come out. Hopefully it's an easy fix and we can save you a few bucks!
Common Refrigerator Issues:
Runs but won't cool
Freezer is cold, but refrigerator isn't
Buttons won't come on / won't respond
Won't stay on
Freezing my food on the refrigerator side
Often resolving these issues are as simple as resetting your control board. This is an easy process. You can accomplish this one of two ways.
1) Unplug your refrigerator from the wall for 30 seconds and then replug it in to the wall.
2) Turning off the refrigerator breaker for 30 seconds. Then, turn the breaker back on.
If your refrigerator isn't cooling:
It sounds obvious, but check your refrigerator controls.
Is it turned off?
Are the knobs set to the wrong temperature?
If you are experiencing a water leak you may need to act fast! There are two ways of shutting the water off to your appliance. Either one of these methods will work.
1) Turn (clockwise, righty-tighty) off the valve behind the refrigerator.
2) Turn off the water to the entire house.
- This is accomplished at your water valve near the street. It requires either a special tool or in a pinch you can use a pair of large plyers. You want to turn the valve 90 degrees to the right in order to shut the water off.
In the event that the water valve is locked inside a box you will need to call your water company to assist with shutting the water off.
Emergency Water Shut Off Contact Info:
City of Palestine Water - (903) 729-2254
Four Pines Water - (903) 723-5704